Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mittwochsbox 9th of April 2014 - French Toast (and Pumpkin Gnocchi)


Today I'm participating again in the Wednesday blog-event by Mone from http://leckerbox.com/
This week's theme is breakfast, or more precisely a breakfast for celebrating the Easter days. I have to admit that I don't do anything related to religion on Easter, but I just love breakfasts in any form, so I still wanted to participate.
I made French toast, which interestingly is called "Arme Ritter" ("Poor knights") in German.
I wasn't familiar with this dish in my childhood and first heard of it when I watched the beautiful film "Kramer vs. Kramer" which I highly recommend to everybody, and in which father and son bond over preparing breakfast together (among other things).
French toast is usually made with eggs, but I substituted them by a mixture of ground hazelnuts and soy milk, an idea based on a vegan French Toast recipe from the wonderful German website
http://www.regenbogenkombuese.de/
I also prefer my French toast with salt and pepper instead of the sweet version.
And of course I also had lunch this day, this time there were homemade pumpkin gnocchi with blue cheese-sauce and a tomato salad.


2 comments:

  1. Ich Liebe Arme Ritter meine Liebe, habe ich auch schon ewig keine mehr zum Frühstück gemacht, ich glaube das muss mal nachgeholt werden. Danke das du die Frühstückstafel mit gedeckt hast und wieder dabei bist.
    Liebe Grüße
    Mone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Liebe Grüße zurück!
    Mone

    ReplyDelete